Feedback and Complaints

We value your feedback because it helps us provide the best service to meet your needs. If you believe we have done something you disagree with or missed something we should have done, you, your family, friends, or a support person can make a complaint.

You are also welcome to get help from an advocate or another support service to communicate with us or make a complaint. Click here for a directory of support organisations.

Please let us know if we are doing a good job or if there is anything we can improve by clicking on the ‘Your Feedback’ tab. We place a high level of value on feedback from our clients and have a formal policy for dealing with any concerns or complaints.

How can an Administration Order be reviewed?

If you or another interested person wants to have an Administration order reviewed, or have the Public Trustee removed as your Administrator, you need to complete a ‘Review of Order’ application with the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

To make an application a medical practitioner, psychologist, neuro-psychologist or psychiatrist may need to complete a Health Care Professional Report to determine if you are capable of making your own decisions.

Click here to contact the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal

What to do if you have a complaint?

1. Contact your Public Trustee Client Account Manager

In the first instance, you should contact the Client Account Manager you have been dealing with. Your Client Account Manager will then attempt to resolve your concerns or can explain the issues with you in more detail.

If you are not happy with Your Client Account Manager’s response, you should request a call-back from their manager.

2. Contact the Public Trustee Manager

The Manager can review the situation and may escalate the issue to be investigated further.If you are still dissatisfied with the response of the Manager, then you should lodge a complaint addressed to the Manager Risk and Compliance.

3. Contact the Public Trustee Manager Risk and Compliance.

You can contact the Manager of Risk and Compliance via the form below or:

When will I get a response to my formal written complaint?

Once a complaint has been received by the Manager Risk and Compliance, a letter/email will be sent within 1 business day acknowledging your complaint.

The complaint will then be sent to the appropriate manager to investigate and compile a report. Within 15 business days of receiving the complaint, the Manager Risk and Compliance will issue a response to all complainants or advise you of any delay and the earliest possible response date.

External Dispute Resolution services

If you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with by the Public Trustee, there are alternative resolution processes available.

You can ask the Ombudsman to investigate your complaint further.

The Ombudsman
NAB House, Level 6, 86 Collins Street
Hobart, TAS 7000
Phone: 1800 001 170

Administration Order complaints

If you have exhausted all your complaint resolution avenues listed above with the Public Trustee and your concerns relate to a matter managed by the Public Trustee under the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2021, you can contact the Register at the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
38 Barrack St,
Hobart, TAS, 7000
Phone: 1800 657 500

Feedback form

    Please select the service(s) your feedback or complaint is about*:

    Sign Up to receive our news

    We’ll keep you informed but not overwhelmed.

    Follow us

    Your feedback

    Give us a compliment

    Tell us your complaint

    Make a suggestion