Our Public Trustee legacy…
The Public Trustee was originally established in 1915 to act on behalf of the Tasmanian people. We provide a range of specialised Wills, estate and trustee services, which have been perfected through over 100 years of experience. As an independent and impartial organisation, we act under the Government Business Enterprises Act 1995.
Serving the needs of the Tasmanian community has always been our paramount concern. As such, we understand that every moment counts and endeavour to achieve the best possible outcomes for you and your loved ones.
Our esteemed and highly experienced team of specialised accountants, client account managers and legal professionals, will be there to serve your every need; no matter how large or complex it may be.
Our services include:
- Preparing estate planning documents: Wills, enduring powers of attorney and enduring guardianship;
- Acting as estate executor or estate administrator;
- Assuming the role of executor if the person named in the Will is unable or unwilling to act;
- Acting as attorney for people requiring assistance to manage their financial affairs;
- Acting as a trustee for various types of trusts, including accident compensation awards;
- Assisting people to manage their financial affairs, only when we are appointed as Administrator by the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (TASCAT); and
- Managing funds that are under the control of Public Trustee, to provide a commercial rate of return to contributors.
If you need further information or would like to make an appointment, please contact your local branch.