Feedback and Complaints

We are committed to ensuring that our services are provided to the highest standards and that our clients leave satisfied.

The Public Trustee places a high level of value on feedback from our clients and also has a formal policy for dealing with any concerns or complaints.

 What to do if you have positive feedback?

It would be great to share your positive feedback with the Public Trustee team. If you have been particularly happy with the service you received, please fill out the form below.

 What to do if you have a complaint?

  1. In the first instance, you should contact the client account manager you have been dealing with. That client account manager will then attempt to resolve your concerns.
  2. If you are dissatisfied with the response from the client account manager, you should make an appointment to speak with their manager.
  3. If you are still dissatisfied with the response of the manager, then you should lodge a complaint addressed to the Manager Risk and Compliance. This can be done by either;
  • Emailing -
  • Filling out the below feedback form; or
  • Posting your complaint in writing to:

Manager Risk and Compliance 
The Public Trustee
GPO Box 1565
Hobart TAS 7001

Once a complaint has been received a letter/email will be sent within 1 business day after acknowledging your complaint. The complaint will then be sent to the appropriate manager to investigate and compile a report. Within 15 business days of receiving the complaint, the Manager Risk and Compliance will issue a response to all complainants, or advise you of any delay and the earliest possible response date.

Still not satisfied?

If you are still not satisfied with how your complaint has been managed then you can write to:

The Ombudsman
NAB House, Level 6, 86 Collins Street
Hobart, TAS 7000
Phone: 1800 001 170

If you have exhausted all your complaint resolution avenues listed above with the Public Trustee and your concerns relate to a matter managed by the Public Trustee under the Guardianship and Administration Act 1995, you can contact:

The Registrar
Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
38 Barrack St, 
Hobart, TAS, 7000
Phone: 1800 657 500


Feedback Form