Estate administration is the process of collecting and managing a deceased person’s assets. This will involve paying any outstanding debts and distributing the estate assets to the beneficiaries.
Administering an estate is a very complex and time consuming task. We recommend appointing a professional executor such as the Public Trustee to minimise the workload and burden on your family and friends at an already difficult time.
We are a ‘one stop shop’ for estate administration and provide the full range of executor services. Our estate managers, accountants and solicitors are equipped to deal with any issue that may arise. We will do everything we can to ensure that the administration of your estate is finalised without unnecessary delay.
Even though the circumstances of each estate are unique, the estate administration process generally takes between 6 to 12 months (depending on the complexity of the estate). The process may take a little longer if disputes or difficulties arise e.g. the age of the beneficiary or the need to sell property. In this case, we can sometimes arrange an interim cash distribution to be made, on the proviso that all forms are completed and received.
If you would like to make an appointment to discuss estate administration, please fill out our appointment booking form and a representative will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- St Helens Will & estate planning day
- Our Launceston office has moved next door
- Kingston Will & estate planning day
- Top tips from our Will and estate planning seminar
- Upcoming estate planning days
- What is estate planning video
- Public Trustee’s Launceston office expansion
- Weekend Sunrise highlights how to legally get your affairs in order without forking out a fortune.
- What is the point of having a Will if it can be challenged?
- Five things you should know about estate planning.