Our COVID Safe practices
We are still here for you over the phone and online. Our branches are open with new safety measures in place for estate planning client appointments only.
The safety of our clients, staff and community remain our top priority. We have implemented COVID-19 safety plans in line with the Tasmania Governments COVID-19 SAFE WORKPLACES FRAMEWORK.
Phone and online appointments
To book a phone or online appointment with our team please call 1800 068 784 or click here to fill out the APPOINTMENT FORM.
We are able to offer estate planning appointments in our office following our COVID Safe protocols.
- Only the clients attending a prearranged appointment will be able to enter the office
- Before your appointment, our staff may contact you to ask if you have been unwell or have been asked to quarantine in the past 14 days.
- To assist with our social distancing requirements, please be on time, not too early and not late.
- You will also be required to check in using the ‘Check in TAS App’. The free app is now available for individuals to download via both the Apple App Store and Google Play. Alternatively you can fill out our visitor register, stating your name, you agree to our conditions of entry, the time you entered and left the building. This information will be kept for 28 days before being destroyed.
Conditions of Entry – To keep us all safe we ask clients, staff and visitors who attend the office to follow the following instructions:
- Please do not enter if you or a close contact has a diagnosed or suspected case of COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Please do not enter if you are unwell, including with fever (or night sweats/chills) or respiratory symptoms, e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat.
- Please do not enter if you have been instructed to quarantine and your 14 days are not yet finished.
- Please ensure you practice good hygiene including washing or applying alcohol based sanitiser before entering.
- Please ensure you practice social distancing by following the maximum number of people in a space signage or floor markings.
- Please avoid greeting by shaking hands
Social distancing – When you come in for your appointment, please be aware of the 1.5 metres social distancing advice. Our staff will assist you with the social distancing requirements in our office. Floor marking and signage will indicate the maximum number or people allowed in a space or where you should stand. Only clients who have made an appointment will be permitted to enter our office environment. Please let us know if you require any support to attend our offices as additional family members or support people will not be permitted in our office.
Increased cleaning – Our daily cleaning schedule has been increased. High-touch areas including desks, chairs, handles and pens are cleaned after each client visit.
Hand sanitiser - Available at entry, client meeting rooms and staff areas.
EFTPOS or EFT transactions only - If applicable, payment is required once we have completed the preparation of your documents. The Public Trustee accepts EFTPOS or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Unfortunately we do not accept cash.
Thank you for your consideration and understanding.
If you have any health concerns or think you may have been exposed to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we urge you to contact your doctor immediately or the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080