Our COVID Safe practices
We are here for you over the phone, online and in the office. To book an appointment with our team please call 1800 068 784 or click here to fill out the APPOINTMENT FORM.
The safety of our clients, staff and community remains our top priority. We have implemented COVID-19 safety plans in line with the Tasmania Governments COVID-19 SAFE WORKPLACES FRAMEWORK.
Conditions of Entry – To keep us all safe we ask clients, staff and visitors who attend the office to do the following:
- Please do not enter if you have a diagnosed or suspected case of COVID-19 Coronavirus; or you have been instructed to quarantine and your time has not yet finished.
- Please stay home if you are unwell - Including with fever (or night sweats/chills) or respiratory symptoms.
- Please practise good hygiene - including washing or applying alcohol based sanitiser before entering. Please avoid greeting by shaking hands.
- Please social distance - Keep 1.5 meters away from others and follow the maximum number of people in a space signage.
- Please respect us - Please make an appointment before you visit the office. Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated in our workplace.
Social distancing – When you come in for your appointment, please be aware of the 1.5 metres social distancing advice. Our staff will assist you with the social distancing requirements in our office. Floor marking and signage will indicate the maximum number of people allowed in a space or where you should stand. Only clients who have made an appointment will be permitted to enter our office environment. Please let us know if you require any support when you attend our offices, as additional family members or support people may not be permitted in our office.
Increased cleaning – Our daily cleaning schedule includes regular cleaning of high-touch areas including desks, chairs, handles and pens are cleaned after each client visit.
Hand sanitiser – is available at entry, client meeting rooms and staff areas.
Masks – From 14/3/2021 Face masks are not mandatory in Public Trustee Offices. However, masks do help minimise the spread of COVID-19 and you are welcome to wear a face mask if you wish.
EFTPOS or EFT transactions only - If applicable, payment is required once we have completed the preparation of your documents. The Public Trustee accepts EFTPOS or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Unfortunately we do not accept cash.
Thank you for your consideration and understanding.