Many people focus on planning ahead for their financial and business affairs by making a Will and a power of attorney, but often do not consider what will happen if they find themselves unable to make lifestyle and medical decisions due to illness or accident
An enduring guardianship is a registered document that allows you to appoint an individual/ or individuals to make decisions about your health and wellbeing if you are unable to make those decisions.
Your enduring guardian may make decisions such as where you live, what services are provided to you at home and what medical treatments you receive.
Enduring guardianship only comes into effect if or when you lose capacity and will only be effective during that period of incapacity. Therefore, it may never become operational.
Your enduring guardianship document must be registered for it to be valid. If you would like to prepare an enduring guardian document with the Public Trustee, please fill out our APPOINTMENT BOOKING FORM and a representative will contact you to confirm your appointment. .
- Partnering with Palliative Care Tasmania: Winner Announcement
- The Walk Against Elder Abuse
- Minister opens the new Public Trustees office
- Elder Abuse Prevention Strategy
- 2020 price changes explained
- Protecting your Pet Legacy
- How an administrator is appointed in Tasmania?
- When it comes to Elder Abuse, it’s ok to ask questions
- How to write a condolence message
- Our COVID Safe practices