Many people focus on planning ahead for their financial and business affairs by making a Will and a power of attorney, but often do not consider what will happen if they find themselves unable to make lifestyle and medical decisions due to illness or accident
An enduring guardianship is a registered document that allows you to appoint an individual/ or individuals to make decisions about your health and wellbeing if you are unable to make those decisions.
Your enduring guardian may make decisions such as where you live, what services are provided to you at home and what medical treatments you receive.
Enduring guardianship only comes into effect if or when you lose capacity and will only be effective during that period of incapacity. Therefore, it may never become operational.
Your enduring guardianship document must be registered for it to be valid. If you would like to prepare an enduring guardian document with the Public Trustee, please fill out our APPOINTMENT BOOKING FORM and a representative will contact you to confirm your appointment. .
- New Devonport office
- Independent review into the Public Trustee’s practices and processes.
- Our Services: What we do
- World Elder Abuse Awareness 2021
- You decide who decides guide
- The March Against Elder Abuse 2021
- How an administrator is appointed in Tasmania?
- Planning for your family's future should always be accessible
- Protecting your Pet Legacy
- Our COVID Safe practices