New Chair for Public Trustee Board
Mr Mark Scanlon has been appointed as the new Chair of the Public Trustee for a three year term.
Mark has over 30 years senior executive experience in a variety of industry sectors including funds management, trustee services, banking, health insurance and general insurance. He also served as the CEO of Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees and as a director of the Motor Accidents Insurance Board.
Mark is currently the Chairman of the Credit and Investments Ombudsman Service Limited and Independent Chairman of the Launceston City Council Audit Panel.
The Board of the Public Trustee is appointed by the Attorney-General and the Treasurer to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, establish strategic direction, monitor performance, and manage risk.
The Public Trustee would like to thank outgoing Chairperson Craig Stephens, who has been a member of the Public Trustee Board for 12 years, and has been Chair since April 2013. He has made a significant contribution to the Public Trustee over this time.
- What is the point of having a Will if it can be challenged?
- Weekend Sunrise highlights how to legally get your affairs in order without forking out a fortune.
- Upcoming estate planning days
- Public Trustee’s Launceston office expansion
- What is estate planning video
- Top tips from our Will and estate planning seminar
- What to do when someone dies
- Five things you should know about estate planning.
- Leaving a gift to charity
- What to consider when you choose an Attorney