The first thing we will do is arrange to speak with you and/ or your support person/s so that we can find out more about you and start helping you with your finances.
In this conversation we will:
- Talk about our role and responsibilities.
- Explain the administration process.
- Ask you questions about your financial goals (like what you like to spend money on and if you are saving up for anything in the future)
- Discuss your budget.
- Identify and deal with any urgent financial matters.
- Explain our fees and charges.
To help you prepare for our first conversation we recommend you have the following information with you. Some of these things might not be applicable to you, so don’t worry if you don’t have everything listed here.
- Your identification – like your birth certificate or your passport or your proof of age card
- Your Medicare Number and/or your Private Health Insurance Number (if you have one)
- Your Tax File Number or a copy of your last Tax return or a copy of your latest Notice of Assessment
- Your latest bank account statement
- Details about any direct debits that are set up from your bank account or any regular bills you pay
- Information about any money you are owed
- Invoices for any debts that you have not paid
- Information about any pensions or superannuation you receive (Australian and/ or foreign)
- If you own a car, your registration and car insurance details
- Information about where you live (like a copy of your rental contract or tenancy agreement).
- If you own your own home a copy of your property title, mortgage and insurance details.
- Share certificates or information about investments, if you have any
- Information about anyone who you think might leave money or assets to you in their Will
- Any other important information that you think we should know about your financial goals. You may want to think about activities you like doing (like going to the movies or traveling) so that we can include them in your budget.
Who will help you
While your Administration Order is in place one of our team members will be your dedicated Client Account Manager and will help you with the management of your finances.
You can contact your Client Account Manager by phone or email, or make an appointment to visit them at our office. Your Client Account Manager may also talk with your support person/s and family about your financial matters.
We also have a team of experts in investments, financial planning, property management, taxation and legal matters who can help you achieve the best possible financial outcomes.
When will it start?
Your Administration Order starts as soon as the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal makes its decision, however, it will take some time for us to make sure everything is arranged – this can take up to six (6) weeks. During this time you will be working with your Client Account Manager and can contact them at any time if you have any questions or financial requests.