There are three main duties of a Administrator:
- Act in the best interests of the person whose affairs they are managing;
- Encourage and assist that person to become capable of managing their financial affairs;
- Consult with that person and take into account, as far as possible, their wishes.
Some tasks a Administrator may be required to undertake include:
- protecting assets;
- dealing with personal property and real estate;
- collecting income, such as dividends from shares, rents, pension entitlements or interest;
- developing a budget management plan;
- paying bills and accounts;
- developing and maintaining an appropriate investment portfolio;
- completing tax returns and pension reviews;
- liaising with government, community and private agencies; and
- providing full financial statements to the client and appropriate authorities.