What if there is no Enduring Power of Attorney?

What if there is no Enduring Power of Attorney?

If your ability to make decisions about your financial affairs was impaired and you have not appointed an enduring power of attorney, the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (the Tribunal) could appoint someone with the legal authority to make decisions on your behalf.

To do so, the Tribunal would hold a hearing (involving family members and interested persons) to decide who they should appoint as financial administrator.

The difference with an enduring power of attorney is – you get to choose who your financial administrator will be. You can also ensure that your loved ones do not have to worry about sorting out these affairs when you are in a vulnerable position and need care.

For more information about making an application to the Tribunal, please go to: https://www.tascat.tas.gov.au/guardianship/process or call on 1800 657 500.

Sign Up to receive our news

We’ll keep you informed but not overwhelmed.

Follow us

Your feedback

Give us a compliment

Tell us your complaint

Make a suggestion

Skip to content