Is an Enduring Power of Attorney from other states valid in Tasmania?

People wanting to use an enduring power of attorney executed under the laws of another jurisdiction and/or registered in another State or Territory in Tasmania, need to seek legal advice as to whether or not it is recognised under the Act or if it needs to be registered under the Act.

Part 6 of the Act deals with ‘foreign’ powers of attorney.

To avoid complications, it is highly recommended to create your Enduring Power of Attorney in the State you reside in.

Sign Up to receive our news

We’ll keep you informed but not overwhelmed.

Follow us

Your feedback

Give us a compliment

Tell us your complaint

Make a suggestion