(From 25 February 2021)
Estate Planning Preparation fees (incl. GST)
|Will preparation(Appointment Includes preparing an enduring power of attorney)
|Enduring power of attorney preparation(Financial matters)
|Enduring guardianship preparation(Personal and medical matters)
If the estate planning documents are complex to prepare an hourly fee of $295 (pro rata) may apply.
A standard Will and enduring power of attorney are prepared free for Seniors and Australian Government Pensioner concession card holders when the Public Trustee is appointed as executor/attorney (card must be presented and only applies to one appointment per year).
- If you nominate Public Trustee as your executor fees will apply when we are required to administer your estate when you pass away.
- If you nominate Public Trustee your attorney fees will apply if we are required to manage your affairs due to your impaired decision-making ability or if you choose for us to manage your financial affairs.
- Existing clients of the Public Trustee receive a 10% discount to prepare/revise new estate planning documents.
- Fees for couples are based on the assumption instructions are similar.
- Will (with an enduring power of attorney), Enduring power of attorney and guardianship preparation fees are based on the following standard appointment times
- Single person – 1 hour to take instructions + 30 minutes to draft the documents + 30 minutes for the documents to be signed.
- Couples – 1.5 hours to take instructions + 30 minutes to draft the documents + 30 minutes for the documents to be signed.
- If you need more time than a standard appointment to provide your instructions and/or for us to provide advice to complete your documents, we will discuss your options with you before additional time is charged. If required additional time has an hourly charge of $295 billable on a pro rata basis of $29.50 for each 6 minute unit actually undertaken to complete your documentation.
- There is an additional Government registration fee to register an enduring guardianship and or an enduring power of attorney. If the Public Trustee is asked to register an enduring power of attorney an administration fee is also charged. Enduring guardianship documents must be registered by the individual.
- Telephone, online and office appointments are available.