This Ministerial Charter has been prepared by the Treasurer and the Minister for Justice (stakeholder Ministers), following consultation with the Public Trustee in accordance with sections 36 and 37 of the Government Business Enterprise Act 1995 (GBE Act)
The Public Trustee must comply with this charter in accordance with sections 36 and 37 of the GBE Act.
The Charter sets out the Government’s broad policy expectations and requirements for the Public Trustee, as the owner of the business.
- The Charter should be read in conjunction with the following Acts and their respective Regulations:
- Public Trustee Act 1930 (Portfolio Act);
- Guardianship and Administration Act 1995;
- Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2020;
- Government Business Enterprises Act 1995;
- Trustee Act 1898;
- Administration and Probate Act 1935;
- Wills Act 2008; and
- any other legislation as may be advised by the Shareholding Ministers from time to time.