What is Estate planning?
Estate planning is an important aspect of providing protection and support for yourself and for your family in the event that something happens to you.
Who inherits assets if there is no Will?
If you die without making a valid Will, this is called dying 'intestate'. State law will then determine how your estate is distributed. Unfortunately, this may not always be as you had intended.
What is an executor?
An executor is responsible for the administration of an estate and for carrying out the wishes set in the Will.
Your guide to Financial Administration?
Sometimes in life, an adult is unable to make important decisions because of disability. When these decisions involve everyday financial and legal affairs, the Public Trustee can help.
What is an Enduring Guardian?
An enduring guardianship is a registered document that allows you to appoint an individual/ or individuals to make decisions about your health and wellbeing if you are unable to make those decisions.
What is a Will?
An up-to-date and professionally written Will is one of the most important documents you will ever have.
Your Guide to being a Beneficiary
We understand that becoming a beneficiary can be an overwhelming experience. That's why we have prepared a guide to explain the process involved in administering an estate.
What is an Enduring Power of Attorney?
An enduring power of attorney is a legal document which allows appointed individual(s) or organisations to take care of your financial affairs.
Why do I need an Enduring Power of Attorney?
This document is important if you were to lose capacity in the future to make independent and informed financial decisions, or no longer wanted the responsibility.
- Improving the Public Trustee
- Time to talk with family this Christmas
- Therese Taylor appointed as the Chairperson for Public Trustee Board
- 2021/22 Annual Report shows progress in key areas for Public Trustee
- The Public Trustee is a proud sponsor of the Tasmanian Palliative Care Conference
- Invitation from the Department of Justice for comments on Guardianship law changes
- Tasmania's Public Trustee has used world animal day to get Tasmanians thinking about pet care planning
- The Big 3: Make you financial, medical and legal wishes known
- Guardianship and Administration Amendment Bill.
- We all have a role in preventing elder abuse.