What if I want to spend money on a special purchase that is not in my budget?
To make sure that your money is only spent on things that you can afford, and that support your interests and goals, special purchases will need to be discussed in advance with your Client Account Manager.
If the special purchase is suitable and affordable, we can approve it and arrange for the payment to be made. We will usually pay the bill or invoice directly on your behalf but if your support person pays for the purchase, we will need them to give proof of the payment (like a receipt or bank statement) before we can pay them back.
While your Administration Order is in place, we can only use your funds to benefit you. This means that we cannot approve extra money to be spent on gifts for other people. If it is appropriate for someone else to benefit from your assets or income, we can help you to arrange an application to the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Public Trustee bringing more staff and better services to the North West
- Law Week: A few words from our CEO
- Law Week 2023: Free Online Webinar
- Law Week a chance to focus on the Big Three – making your financial, medical and legal wishes known
- National Advanced Care Planning Week 2023
- International Women’s Day: A few words from our CEO
- New Board appointments to enhance the client focus at the Public Trustee
- Public Trustee continuing to deliver important services for Tasmanians
- This International Women’s Day take charge of your future
- Time to talk with family this Easter