Enduring Power of Attorney Fees & Charges
You can also view all Fees and Charges.
Enduring power of attorney preparation
Public Trustee as sole attorney
$95 for each document
Private attorney with the Public Trustee as a substitute
$149 for each document
Consultation fee - no Will/enduring power of attorney/ enduring guardianship prepared - $295 per hour (pro rata);
To act as attorney
If the Public Trustee is acting as the attorney, a pro rata fee of $120 per hour will be charged. A time sheet is kept and fees will be charged quarterly.
The Public Trustee charges 6.6% commission on the receipt of all income such as interest, dividends, pensions and rental income (where the Public Trustee is managing the property). 3.3% commission is charged on rental income where the Public Trustee is not managing the property.
Investment Management Fee
A 1.1% investment management fee may apply to invested funds not directly managed by the Public Trustee.
The following fees and charges may apply:
- account keeping fee ($13.50 per month);
- domestic cheque drawing ($6.00) and direct credit ($3.20);
- international bank transfers ($24.00) and international bank drafts ($32.00), excluding any 3rd party transaction and processing fees;
- investment review fees for developing an investment strategy for the client portfolio. The fee charged is dependent upon the complexity of individual circumstances;
- depending on the complexity of the matter a fee will be charged for the preparation and lodgment of income tax returns and other taxation services including the establishment of the acquisition details of assets for capital gains tax purposes;
- a fee for conveyancing and other services provided in relation to the sale, purchase or transfer of a property; and/or
- work of a particularly complex nature not covered above will be charged at an hourly rate.
Services provided by our legal practitioners are charged at a rate determined by the Public Trustee but not exceeding the maximum hourly attendance rate set out in the Supreme Court Rules 2000.
- Season's Greetings from the Public Trustee
- Advocacy Tasmania seminar during Seniors Week
- Elder Abuse Prevention Strategy
- Minister opens the new Public Trustees office
- The Walk Against Elder Abuse
- What is an Executor?
- What is estate planning video
- Public Trustee’s Launceston office expansion
- Weekend Sunrise highlights how to legally get your affairs in order without forking out a fortune.
- Our Launceston office has moved next door