Enduring Power of Attorney
An enduring power of attorney is a legal document which allows appointed individual(s) or organisations to take care of your financial affairs. This document is important if you were to lose capacity in the future to make independent and informed financial decisions, or no longer wanted the responsibility.
By preparing an enduring power of attorney it ensures you, your loved ones and your property are protected. It is important that you exercise your right to choose an attorney, while you still have the capacity to do so.
We prepare enduring powers of attorney for:
- those who want to appoint the Public Trustee as their attorney;
- those who want to appoint another person as their attorney and the Public Trustee as a substitute attorney.
If you would like to make or update your enduring power of attorney, please fill out our appointment booking form and a representative will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- Elder Abuse Prevention Strategy
- 2020 price changes explained
- The Walk Against Elder Abuse
- Advocacy Tasmania seminar during Seniors Week
- Minister opens the new Public Trustees office
- What is estate planning video
- Public Trustee’s Launceston office expansion
- Weekend Sunrise highlights how to legally get your affairs in order without forking out a fortune.
- Huonville Will & estate planning day
- Our Guide to being a Beneficiary