Enduring Power of Attorney
An enduring power of attorney is a legal document which allows appointed individual(s) or organisations to take care of your financial affairs. This document is important if you were to lose capacity in the future to make independent and informed financial decisions, or no longer wanted the responsibility.
By preparing an enduring power of attorney it ensures you, your loved ones and your property are protected. It is important that you exercise your right to choose an attorney, while you still have the capacity to do so.
We prepare enduring powers of attorney for:
- those who want to appoint the Public Trustee as their attorney;
- those who want to appoint another person as their attorney and the Public Trustee as a substitute attorney.
If you would like to make or update your enduring power of attorney, please fill out our appointment booking form and a representative will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- We all have a role in preventing elder abuse.
- A message from our new CEO, Todd Kennedy
- Public Trustee welcomes Government support
- Please join our Client Reference Group
- National Advanced Care Planning Week 2022
- Talk to your family about estate planning
- What is estate planning?
- Walk the Talk 7th National Elder Abuse Conference.
- Elder Abuse Help and Resources
- Appointment of new Public Trustee CEO