Enduring Power of Attorney
An enduring power of attorney is a legal document which allows appointed individual(s) or organisations to take care of your financial affairs. This document is important if you were to lose capacity in the future to make independent and informed financial decisions, or no longer wanted the responsibility.
By preparing an enduring power of attorney it ensures you, your loved ones and your property are protected. It is important that you exercise your right to choose an attorney, while you still have the capacity to do so.
We prepare enduring powers of attorney for:
- those who want to appoint the Public Trustee as their attorney;
- those who want to appoint another person as their attorney and the Public Trustee as a substitute attorney.
If you would like to make or update your enduring power of attorney, please fill out our appointment booking form and a representative will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- New Devonport office
- Submissions open for the independent review of Public Trustee
- Public Trustee CEO to retire
- The March Against Elder Abuse 2021
- Independent review into the Public Trustee’s practices and processes.
- Our Services: What we do
- World Elder Abuse Awareness 2021
- You decide who decides guide
- Glenn Lucas appointed Acting CEO of the Public Trustee
- How an administrator is appointed in Tasmania?