Enduring Power of Attorney
An enduring power of attorney is a legal document which allows appointed individual(s) or organisations to take care of your financial affairs. This document is important if you were to lose capacity in the future to make independent and informed financial decisions, or no longer wanted the responsibility.
By preparing an enduring power of attorney it ensures you, your loved ones and your property are protected. It is important that you exercise your right to choose an attorney, while you still have the capacity to do so.
We prepare enduring powers of attorney for:
- those who want to appoint the Public Trustee as their attorney;
- those who want to appoint another person as their attorney and the Public Trustee as a substitute attorney.
If you would like to make or update your enduring power of attorney, please fill out our appointment booking form and a representative will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- What happens if a Will has not been signed correctly
- Is your estate plan complete?
- Our COVID Safe practices
- Advocacy TAS: Disability Royal Commission Community Forum
- What is estate planning video
- Weekend Sunrise highlights how to legally get your affairs in order without forking out a fortune.
- Problems With Home-Made Wills
- Protecting your Pet Legacy
- When it comes to Elder Abuse, it’s ok to ask questions
- Top tips from our Will and estate planning seminar