The Walk Against Elder Abuse
The Public Trustee joined the COTA Tasmania’s annual Walk Against Elder Abuse in Hobart and Launceston on June 14, 2019 – the eve of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
Elder abuse is not okay. And while the UN officially recognised this day in 2011, older Tasmanians are still being harmed by people they trust.
In HOBART the group gathered at 9.45 am for a 10am start at the Collins Street end of the Elizabeth Street Mall.
In LAUNCESTON the group gathered at 9.45am for a 10am march at the Tamar Street entrance to City Park opposite Cameron Street.
At the end of both walks, we were treated to morning tea by the respective council – a great way to get to know like-minded people in our communities and celebrate the many contributions of older Tasmanians.
There’s no excuse for elder abuse. Protect yourself and your loved ones by choosing your attorney carefully and talk to the Public Trustee to prepare valid estate planning documents, being a Will, enduring power of attorney and or an enduring guardianship.
Get in touch with us via 1800 068 784 or www.publictrustee.tas.gov.au.
- Seniors Week Seminar
- Minister opens the new Public Trustees office
- The Walk Against Elder Abuse
- 2020 price changes explained
- Protecting your Pet Legacy
- Planning for your family's future should always be accessible
- How an administrator is appointed in Tasmania?
- When it comes to Elder Abuse, it’s ok to ask questions
- How to write a condolence message