The Walk Against Elder Abuse
The Public Trustee is joined the COTA Tasmania’s annual Walk Against Elder Abuse in Hobart and Launceston on June 14, 2019 – the eve of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
Elder abuse is not okay. And while the UN officially recognised this day in 2011, older Tasmanians are still being harmed by people they trust.
In HOBART the group gathered at 9.45 am for a 10am start at the Collins Street end of the Elizabeth Street Mall.
In LAUNCESTON the group gathered at 9.45am for a 10am march at the Tamar Street entrance to City Park opposite Cameron Street.
At the end of both walks, we were treated to morning tea by the respective council – a great way to get to know like-minded people in our communities and celebrate the many contributions of older Tasmanians.
There’s no excuse for elder abuse. Protect yourself and your loved ones by choosing your attorney carefully and talk to the Public Trustee to prepare valid estate planning documents, being a Will, enduring power of attorney and or an enduring guardianship.
Get in touch with us via 1800 068 784 or www.publictrustee.tas.gov.au.
- The Walk Against Elder Abuse
- Minister opens the new Public Trustees office
- Elder Abuse Prevention Strategy
- Advocacy Tasmania seminar during Seniors Week
- 2020 price changes explained
- Protecting your Pet Legacy
- Problems With Home-Made Wills
- Top tips from our Will and estate planning seminar
- Public Trustee’s Launceston office expansion