Our Services: What we do
Our Services: What we do.
The Public Trustee is an independent and impartial Government Business Enterprise established to act on behalf of the Tasmanian community.
The Public Trustee has a few roles in its pursuit of serving the Tasmanian community:
- We prepare estate planning documents for all Tasmanians: Wills, enduring powers of attorney and enduring guardian documents. You can appoint the Public Trustee to take on the role as your executor or attorney, or you can appoint a private executor or attorney such as a family member or friend.
- When appointed as an executor in a Will or appointed to act, it is the Public Trustee responsibility to finalising deceased estates.
- When appointed as an attorney in an enduring power of attorney, it is the Public Trustee's responsibility to managing a person's financial affairs.
- When appointed by the Guardianship and Administration Board, it is the Public Trustee's responsibility to act as financial administrator to manage their financial affairs.
- We act as a trustee in testamentary trusts and awards of damages made by the Court.
- New Devonport office
- Independent review into the Public Trustee
- Appointment of new Public Trustee CEO
- You decide who decides guide
- Our Services: What we do
- Public Trustees’ safe custody service
- How an administrator is appointed in Tasmania?
- Glenn Lucas appointed Acting CEO of the Public Trustee
- Independent review into the Public Trustee’s practices and processes.
- Planning for your family's future should always be accessible