Our Services: What we do
Our Services: What we do.
The Public Trustee is an independent and impartial Government Business Enterprise established to act on behalf of the Tasmanian community.
The Public Trustee has a few roles in its pursuit of serving the Tasmanian community:
- We prepare estate planning documents for all Tasmanians: Wills, enduring powers of attorney and enduring guardian documents. You can appoint the Public Trustee to take on the role as your executor or attorney, or you can appoint a private executor or attorney such as a family member or friend.
- When appointed as an executor in a Will or appointed to act, it is the Public Trustee responsibility to finalising deceased estates.
- When appointed as an attorney in an enduring power of attorney, it is the Public Trustee's responsibility to managing a person's financial affairs.
- When appointed by the Guardianship and Administration Board, it is the Public Trustee's responsibility to act as financial administrator to manage their financial affairs.
- We act as a trustee in testamentary trusts and awards of damages made by the Court.
- New Devonport office
- Submissions open for the independent review of Public Trustee
- Public Trustee CEO to retire
- The March Against Elder Abuse 2021
- Independent review into the Public Trustee’s practices and processes.
- Our Services: What we do
- World Elder Abuse Awareness 2021
- You decide who decides guide
- Glenn Lucas appointed Acting CEO of the Public Trustee
- How an administrator is appointed in Tasmania?