Law Week a chance to focus on the Big Three – making your financial, medical and legal wishes known
May 15-21 is Law Week and the Public Trustee is urging Tasmanians to consider the Big Three – making your financial, medical and legal wishes known.
Public Trustee CEO, Todd Kennedy, said Law Week was an important opportunity to start a conversation with the community about planning for the future.
“As part of Law Week we’re encouraging people to think about the Big Three - making your financial, medical and legal wishes known,” Mr Kennedy said.
“It can be confronting to have these conversations, but it’s really important to make a plan to protect you and your family.
“As part of the Law Week program, I’ll be travelling around the State, discussing how important it is to make a Will and prepare other legal documents like an Enduring Power of Attorney and an Enduring Guardianship.
“These documents can help you outline how you would like financial, medical and legal issues managed if you are unable to make those decisions yourself.
“This is all about giving Tasmanians peace of mind by making sure that they have control over their future and that they have a clear plan in place that they can share with their friends and family.
“The Public Trustee will hold information sessions in Burnie and Devonport on the 17th of May, in Launceston on the 18th of May and in Hobart on the 19th of May to discuss estate planning and answer questions.
“If people can’t make one of the sessions they can always call us to make a free appointment to discuss the Big Three and how we can help them plan for their future. Alternatively, the presentation is online on our website.”
Mr Kennedy said that the Public Trustee can prepare free Wills and enduring powers of attorney for Tasmanians, with a Seniors-card or commonwealth pension card when they appoint the Public Trustee to take on the role of administering their estate.
For more information please give us a call on 1800 068 784 or click here to make an appointment
- Public Trustee bringing more staff and better services to the North West
- Law Week: A few words from our CEO
- Law Week 2023: Free Online Webinar
- Law Week a chance to focus on the Big Three – making your financial, medical and legal wishes known
- National Advanced Care Planning Week 2023
- International Women’s Day: A few words from our CEO
- New Board appointments to enhance the client focus at the Public Trustee
- Public Trustee continuing to deliver important services for Tasmanians
- This International Women’s Day take charge of your future
- Time to talk with family this Easter